Chicago Construction Law Attorney
Illinois Construction Law and Litigation Firm
In every construction venture, the details matter. Predicting and preparing for the diverse issues that can arise and upend a project is vital to the success of an enterprise. Without qualified legal counsel, it is hard to know where the pitfalls lie, or how to remedy a quickly deteriorating situation.
Chicago construction lawyer John O’Leary has the knowledge and experience to guide your transaction, proposal, claim, dispute or other matter through the many twists and turns of construction law.
Chicago Construction Law Firm Handling a Wide Range of Construction Cases
O’Leary Law Firm represents subcontractors, contractors, real estate developers, property owners, commercial tenants, and homeowners on all matters relating to construction or the disputes that arise out of construction.
Our clients are:
- National supplier Healthcare Casework installation contractor in Illinois disputes with its subcontractors.
- Midwest Regional commercial and institutional casework and woodwork installation company on mechanics lien claims in Illinois.
- Carpentry subcontractor that was not paid for work performed for buildout of restaurant in new suburban shopping center.
- International manufacturing corporation who we guided through the negotiation and drafting of a design build contract for the construction of new office and warehouse building.
- National Fire Sprinkler System Company on Contract Payment Disputes.
- National Roofing Company on defense of construction damage claims.
- Specialty glazing subcontractor for whom we successfully resolved a claim for mechanics lien on worked performed on restoration of historic Mies van der Rohe high-rises.
- Road paving companies in payment disputes on government contracts.
- Commercial painting and bridge contractors in disputes with union pension funds.
- Roadway and bridge contractors in contract disputes and public bond and lien claims on government projects.
- Homeowners and Apartment Building Owners on claims for defective construction against contractor for defective work on home remodeling projects utilizing subcontractors who were unlicensed and unskilled.
- Adjacent property owners who suffered structural damage to their vintage home as a result of demolition and excavation of the neighboring property.
- Homeowners who we defended on false or fraudulent mechanics lien claims against their property.
We Understand Construction Law
Experienced with all of the legal issues, O’Leary Law Firm employs the tactics and actions necessary to successfully resolve a construction dispute or draft a good construction contract for our clients.
We won’t list them all here but if there is a specific issue that you are interested in, check out our Resources. We provide information about many construction law issues there and we would love to talk with you about your questions regarding your construction projects.
You know where you and your project want to be. We can help you get there. For prompt assistance with a construction matter, contact O’Leary Law Firm in Chicago, Illinois, at (312) 782-8807.