Chicago Construction Lawyer • Areas of Practice
O’Leary Law Firm is a recognized Chicago Construction Law, Condominium Law and Real Estate Development Law practice.
With a deep history and focus in these legal areas, we see ourselves as partners with our clients. Our firm works to develop practical, economical solutions to the legal complexities of construction projects.
For prompt assistance give us a call at (312) 782-8807 or contact Chicago construction lawyer John O’Leary at our law office today.
Illinois Construction Law
O’Leary Law Firm helps clients enter into strong contracts and avoid snags and disputes that arise during and after construction.
Yet in construction and development projects, things do not always go as planned nor do they turn out as contracted for. When this occurs, O’Leary Law Firm provides skilled and resourceful representation.
Chicago construction lawyer John O’Leary assists contractors, subcontractors, builders, suppliers, real estate developers, homeowners, landlords and tenants in all manner of construction law transactions, claims, negotiations, dispute resolution and litigation, including:
- Construction Mechanic’s Liens
- Defective Construction Claims
- Breach of Contract, Workmanship, Building Code Violations
- Construction Contract Drafting and Negotiations
- Bid Mistakes, Bid Withdrawals
- Delay and Acceleration and other Time and Productivity Claims
- Adjacent Properties
- Failure to Pay Disputes
- Public Bond and Lien Claims
- Payment Disputes on Government Projects
These are just a few of the ways in which we can assist you. Learn more about our Construction Law practice.
O’Leary Law Firm is a condominium law practice representing condominium associations, community associations, developers, condo conversion projects, individual unit owners and co-operatives.
With a deep and resourceful background in condominium association law, attorney John O’Leary provides representation in diverse litigation and transactional matters, such as:
- Contract Review and Negotiation
- Review and Draft Declarations and other Governing Documents
- Unit Owner Violations
- Covenant Enforcement
- Insurance Claim Litigation
- Litigate Construction Disputes and Claims Against Developers and Contractors
- Cooperative Shareholder Disputes
- Contractor and Subcontractor Issues
- Condominium Conversions of Apartment Buildings
- Represent Associations in Federal and State Courts and before Administration Agencies
O’Leary Law Firm provides the insightful legal counsel needed to guide condominium projects through the maze of complex laws, administrative issues and contractual relationships. Learn more about O’Leary Law Firm’s Condominium Law practice.
Illinois Real Estate Development & Commercial Leasing
When you need clear, practical advice to achieve your real estate goals—whether it involves a mega industrial development venture or landlord/tenant office or retail lease issues—we can assist you.
We represent Chicago developers, owners, construction firms, creditors and investors in all aspects of real estate development, diligence, transactions and litigation, including (but not limited to):
- Acquisition and Disposition of Commercial and Residential Property
- Commercial Leasing
- Lending and Finance
- Mechanics’ Liens
- Title-insurance matters
O’Leary Law Firm is grounded in both the law and the issues, and is here to help Chicago’s developers realize their vision through first-rate legal counsel.
Chicago construction lawyer represents out-of-state companies on local legal matters
Are you an out-of-state construction firm in need of local counsel on an Illinois construction project?
O’Leary Law Firm often serves as counsel for out of state contractors who have the misfortune to have a construction-related legal problem in Illinois.
If this is your situation, we invite you to contact Chicago construction attorney John O’Leary at (312) 782-8807 for skilled and committed representation.
Contact Chicago Construction Lawyer John O’Leary